The first full moon day according to the Hindu calendar in the month of Vaisakha is celebrated as the birth anniversary of Lord Gautam Buddha across the world.
Vesak or Wesak (Buddha Purnima, Buddha Jayanti) is a Buddhist festival that marks Gautama Buddha’s birth, enlightenment and death.
Here we share some inspirational greetings, messages, quotes, wishes and images for whatsapp and Facebook status, which you can share with your near and dear ones on this auspicious day of Buddha Purnima.
Why Buddha Purnima / Buddha Jayanti (Vesak/Wesak) is Celebrated?
Buddha Purnima or Vesak or Wesak is the biggest day for Buddhists because on this day, it is believed three important events of the Buddha’s life took place: his birth, his attaining enlightenment, and his death, Paranirvana. This day is known as Thrice Blessed Festival.
Buddha Purnima is observed on the full-moon day of the lunar month Vesakha, which falls in April or May.
Buddha Purnima / Buddha Jayanti (Vesak/Wesak): Messages
– Let us be grateful towards who made you meet with yourself. Wishing you a Happy Buddha Purnima!
– Wishing you peace on this auspicious day. Happy Buddha Purnima!
– May Buddha Purnima’s full moon today remove the darkness of ignorance from our lives and guide us to the path of peace and enlightenment! Happy Buddha Jayanti to you and your family.
– In the burst of illumination
He discovered the meaning of existence
And thus became
Happy Buddha Jayanti
– On this auspicious day, let us remember Lord Buddha’s teachings and spread the message of universal brotherhood and compassion for everyone. Warm wishes to you on Buddha Jayanti.
– May Lord Buddha enlighten you on the path of love, peace and truth.
Happy Buddha Purnima to you and your family!
– May Lord Buddha’s preachings for right conduct, right motive, right speech, right effort, right resolve, right livelihood. Happy Buddha Purnima!
– May Lord Buddha destroy all sins and obstacles of our lives and guide us, always. Warm wishes to you on this auspicious day of Buddha Purnima!
– Rely on the teachings, not on the person
Rely on the meaning, not on the words
Rely on the real life, not on the dreams
Rely on the wisdom, not on the mind inside
Greetings on the occasion of Buddha Purnima! Happy Vesak!
– May you be on the path of eternal happiness and peace. Happy Buddha Purnima! Happy Wesak!
– Have a blessed Buddha Purnima. Warm wishes to you on this auspicious day.
– May Lord Buddha guide us on the path of love, peace and truth. Happy Buddha Purnima to you and your family.
– Let us pray for harmony & peace or all the humankind On this divine day. Happy Buddha Purnima. Happy Buddha Jayanti.
– His guidance is to take this world out of misery, evil and sorrow. So let’s walk on his shown path. Happy Buddha Purnima, Happy Vesak.
Buddha Purnima / Buddha Jayanti (Vesak/Wesak): Greetings
– Buddham Sharanam Gacchami
Dhammam Sharanam Gacchami
Sangham Sharanam Gacchami
A blissful Buddha Purnima to you and your loved ones.
– The mind is everything. What you think you become”.
Therefore, think of peace and blissfulness.
A very happy Buddha Purnima to you.
– This Buddha Purnima, learn the teachings of the enlightened soul, who we all know as Gautama Buddha.
– Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment”. Therefore, make the most of this beautiful day by connecting to your inner self.
– On Buddha Purnima, here’s wishing you peace, love, happiness, good health and prosperity.
May Buddha Purnima herald a new phase of happiness, contentment, good health and tranquillity.
– This Buddha Purnima, may you get enlightened by the divine rays and grace of the Almighty. A very Happy and blissful Buddha Purnima to you and your family.
– On Buddha Purnima, put the teachings of Buddha into use to make like meaningful and blissful.
– The great soul had once said, “Health is the greatest gift, contentment the greatest wealth, faithfulness the best relationship.”
– We live in illusion and the appearance of things.
There is a reality. We are that reality.
When you understand this, you see that you are nothing, and being nothing, you are everything. That is all.
Happy Buddha Purnima! Happy Vesak!
– Aapko aur apke parivar ko Buddha Purnima ke pavan avsar par dheron shubh kamnayein.
– Here’s extending my heartfelt greetings to you and your family on Buddha Purnima.
– Aroghyam Oka Goppa Varam!
Santrupti Oka Goppa Sampada!
Viswassam Manchi Bandhavaim!
Happy Buddha Jayanti!
–Let your spirit fill with non-violence and truth. Happy Buddha Purnima.
Buddha Purnima / Buddha Jayanti (Vesak/Wesak): Quotes
― Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at somebody else , you’re the one who gets burned.
― Everyday is a new day! No matter how hard the past, you’ll always resume.
― No one saves us but ourselves.
No one can and no one may.
We ourselves must walk the path.
― Do not exaggerate what you have, nor be jealous of others. One who is jealous of others never gets peace of mind. – Buddha
― Hatred isn’t diminished by hatred, but decreases by love, this is often the eternal law. – Buddha
― We are shaped by our thoughts, we become what we expect . When the mind is pure, joy follows sort of a shadow that never leaves.
― Health is that the greatest gift, contentment the best wealth, faithfulness the simplest relationship.
― Lets come together to have anew resolution to spread Love and Peace in lives on this auspicous day. Happy Buddha Purnima!