In 1987 the World Health Organisation passed a resolution that announced April 7, 1988, as ‘World No Smoking Day’. The act was passed to motivate people to prevent using tobacco for at least 24 hours. Later in 1988, the organisation passed another resolution that the ‘World No Tobacco Day’ will be observed May 31.
Why World No-Tobacco Day is Celebrated?
World No Tobacco Day is celebrated as a way to spread awareness about the harmful effects caused due to it. It also sheds light on the fact that passive smoke too can be equally dangerous. Hence, here are some World No Tobacco Day quotes, messages, wishes and greetings that will help raise awareness about the usage of tobacco.
World No-Tobacco Day: Messages
– You should quit tobacco before life gives up on you. Have an awareful World Tobacco Day!
– If you need the motivation to quit tobacco, just look at the innocent faces of your kids and think if they deserve to lose a parent. Have an awareful World Tobacco Day people!
– Life is not easy and you should know where to put your efforts so that you get something worthy out of it and trust me, putting efforts in giving up smoking will be one of the most difficult things to do, but also the most rewarding one. So Happy World Tobacco Day!
– When you are smoking, you not only destroy your health but also pollute the environment and affect the health of the others around you. Wish you all an awareful World Tobacco Day!
– Your family and friends need you. Save their lives and save yours. Happy World Tobacco Day!
– Smoking gives you the pleasure of a moment but kills you in the process. Have an awareful World Tobacco Day people!
– You get just one life to live and do not let it go in vain by harming yourself and your loved ones. Have an awareful World Tobacco Day everyone!
– No temporary pleasure especially tobacco is worth destroying your health and mind. Have a great World Tobacco Day people!
– Real life begins when you come out of the fake comfort zone and indulge in the beautiful gifts of life. Happy World Tobacco Day.
– It is an irony that people believe tobacco and smoking bring peace in their lives. Have an educated and awareful World Tobacco Day!
– Tobacco and happiness cannot go hand in hand and if you think so, you are definitely not living your life. Have an awareful World Tobacco Day!
– Let us utilize this day by spending it in its true spirit. Happy World Tobacco Day!
– Spread the word against tobacco and raise awareness. Have an awareful World Tobacco Day!
– Let us all urge our brothers and sisters and uncles and aunts to give up smoking for the sake of their precious lives and the lives of others that they hold dear to them. Have an awareful World Tobacco Day.
– When you take a puff of your precious cigarette, do you ever think of how your health will affect the lives of your wife and children? If you don’t its time you do. Have an awareful World Tobacco Day everyone.
– Smoke only if you think the lives of your family members matter less than your tobacco. Have an awareful and a happy World Tobacco Day!
– If you welcome tobacco to your life you must remember that you can’t have other people in your life too. Have a great World Tobacco Day.
– Tobacco and happiness cannot go hand in hand and you must choose one between the two. Happy World Tobacco Day!
– Eradicate cigarettes out of your lives before it ruins your life. Have an awareful World Tobacco Day.
– Let us take part in the many campaigns that are organized today to remind the people about the dangers of tobacco. Have an awareful World Tobacco Day everyone.
World No-Tobacco Day: Greetings
– It may be difficult to quit smoking at first but it is not impossible. Have a healthy and positive World Tobacco Day!
– Tobacco kills more people than any other addiction and it’s time we educate people young and old people alike to stay away from tobacco. Happy World Tobacco Day!
– Dear smokers, you are not only ruining your own health but also spoiling the lives of your most beloved people. Happy World Tobacco Day!
– It is never easy to quit an addiction and we salute those ex-smokers who have managed to get past their habit. Happy World Tobacco Day!
– To all those people who have managed to get rid of their addiction for tobacco, I wish to congratulate you and thank you for setting an example to so many others who are trying to do the same. Have a very happy and healthy World Tobacco Day!
– People who say smoking relieves them of tension, I would like to let you guys know that there is a huge percentage of the world’s population that does not depend on smoking to relieve them of their troubles. So stop making excuses and have a very Happy World Tobacco Day!
– People are losing their family members and loved ones because of this addiction to tobacco. Have a positive and healthy World Tobacco Day!
– It is high time that we realize the importance of a Healthy lifestyle and educate others about its importance. Have a very Happy World Tobacco Day!
– Don’t give into smoking just because of peer pressure instead pressurize your peers to have healthier lifestyles and wish them all a very healthy and Happy World Tobacco Day!
– Cancer is caused by tobacco and it is a disease that gives a person a death sentence in the majority of the cases. So stay healthy and have a very Happy World Tobacco Day!
– Tobacco cuts down on the number of years a person gets to live and that is more than enough reason to stop consuming tobacco. Happy World Tobacco Day!
– Stop consuming tobacco and have a healthy World Tobacco Day!
– It is so sad that innocent newborns have to live in a world so polluted by smoke and often have to come across people consuming tobacco. Hope for a better future and wish everyone a very Happy World Tobacco Day!
World No-Tobacco Day: Quotes
– “What we need to burn on daily basis are calories and not tobacco. Stay healthy and happy with no tobacco. Happy World No Tobacco Day to all.”
– “Let us make sure that tobacco is not able to take any more lives by making this world free from it. Warm wishes on World No Tobacco Day.”
– “The journey of thousand miles starts with a single step….. take the first step to your goal by saying no to tobacco.”
– “Tambaku ke dhuyein se aap naa sirf aapna jeevan nasht kar rahein hai, balki apne saath-saath app apne chahne walon ke jeevan mein bhi iska zeher ghol rahein hai….. Dhuyein se nahi, pyaar se bharein sabka jeevan.
– “The only thing that tobacco brings along with it is disease which later converts in death and despair for your loved one…. Save yourself and your family from a disaster like this by quitting tobacco.”
– “You are not living if you are smoking….. you are taking small steps towards a disastrous life….. Say no to smoking and tobacco to live a healthier and happier life.”
– “When we opt out from tobacco, we gift ourselves and our families the most beautiful gift of life. Wishing a very Happy World No Tobacco Day.”
– “Life is too precious to smoke tobacco and therefore, we must save ourselves from it. Warm wishes on World No Tobacco Day to everyone.”
– Replacing the smoke on your face with a smile today will replace illness in your life with happiness tomorrow. Quit now.
– Eliminate tobacco from your life before it kills you!
– We need to burn calories daily, not tobacco!
– If we lose the battle against tobacco, we will lose the war against cancer.
– Smoking cigarettes is like paying to have your life cut shorter – the most foolish thing anyone can ever do.
– Exercising is one of the best ways to quit smoking. Working out is when you will truly realize how cigarettes have made you weaker. It will be difficult but you will need to remind yourself of the prize at the end of the journey – a better life. Go for it.
– If you can’t stop smoking, cancer will.
– Smoking is like paying someone to kill you. They’re rich; you’re dead.
– Smoking does not make you a KILLER per se, but your heart will drown in GUILT if second-hand smoke gave someone in your own family a life-threatening disease. Save a lifetime of regret – quit today.
– Smoking leaves an unseen scar. It fills your insides with toxins and tar.
– Burn calories, not cigarettes. Kick the butt – you can work out and get a better one.”
– Smoking thrills, but it also kills.
– The best way to stop smoking is to just stop – no ifs, ands or buts.
– Smoking will be a crime in time.
– Cigarettes are killers travelling in packs.
– Tobacco kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.
– Smoking.. a grave mistake.
– Sometimes quitters do win.
– Stop… you are burning your life.
– The true face of smoking is disease, death and horror – not the glamour and sophistication the pushers in the tobacco industry try to portray.
– Cigarette: A fire at one end, a fool at the other, and a bit of tobacco in between.
– Take a better route; put that smoke out.
– Tar the roads; not your lungs.
– Replace your cigarettes with a glass of juice daily.
– Eliminate smoking to bring a smile to many faces in your life.
– Eliminate smoking and be the real hero of your family.
– Quit smoking today to get happiness tomorrow!
Quit Smoking: Quotes
– “Smoking: The most stylish way to cancer” ― Jitendra Attra
– “More than one cigar at a time is excessive smoking.” — Mark Twain
– “Smoking ages you quicker than almost anything else.” — Polly Bergen
– “It takes a lot of dedication to quit smoking, and whether you give up for good on your first try or have to give it a couple of tries – just keep swinging at it and you will succeed.” — Harmon Killebrew
– “They used to have a smoking section at most airports. No more. They now have these glass-encased rooms. You’re not just a smoker, you’re an example to other people. You’re an exhibit at a futuristic zoo.” — Marc Maron
– “Habit is stronger than reason.” — George Santayana
– “My worst habit used to be smoking but I quit.” — Katherine Heigl
– “Parents should not smoke in order to discourage their kids from smoking. A child is more likely to smoke when they have been raised in the environment of a smoker.” — Christy Turlington
– “I’m more proud of quitting smoking than of anything else I’ve done in my life, including winning an Oscar.” — Christine Lahti
– “A cigarette is a roll of paper, tobacco, and drugs, with a small fire on one end and a large fool at the other. Some of its chief benefits are cancer of the lips and stomach, softening of the brain, funeral processions, and families shrouded in gloom and grief. Although a great many people know this, they still smoke in order to appear sophisticated.” ― Ann Landers
Smoking Kills Quotes
– “Cigarette smoking is a significant contributor to global warming!” — Al Gore
– “If you ever lit a cigarette in your life, you have very little will to live.” — Neale Donald Walsch
– “Smoking kills. If you’re killed, you’ve lost a very important part of your life.” — Brooke Shields
– “People always come up to me and say that my smoking is bothering them….well it’s killing me!” — Wendy Liebman
– “Impotence is one of the major hazards of cigarette smoking.” — Loni Anderson
– “It is better to not even try it than to endure the ramifications of either quitting smoking or dying.” — Christy Turlington
– “A cigarette is the only consumer product which when used as directed kills its consumer.” — Gro Harlem Brundtland
– “Cigarette companies market heavily to young people. They need young customers because their product kills the older ones. It is the only product that, if used as intended, kills the consumer.” — George Carlin
– “Smoking is hateful to the nose, harmful to the brain, and dangerous to the lungs.” — King James I
– “The true face of smoking is disease, death and horror – not the glamour and sophistication the pushers in the tobacco industry try to portray.” — David Byrne
– “The dead drug leaves a ghost behind. At certain hours it haunts the house.” — Jean Cocteau
Popular Quotes on No-Tobacco
– “Tobacco is the tomb of love.” ― Benjamin Disraeli
– “Tobacco is a culture productive of infinite wretchedness.” ― Thomas Jefferson
– “On tobacco: A branch of the sin of drunkenness, which is the root of all sins.” ― King James I
– “It is illegal for children to purchase tobacco in every state in the country. And in every state … tobacco companies have invested enormous sums of money and time to encourage widespread lawbreaking.” ― John McCain
– “If a doctor assists you in your suicide, it is called manslaughter, while if a tobacco company does, it is called commerce.” ― Neale Donald Walsch
– “In Europe, when tobacco was first introduced, it was immediately banned. In Turkey, if you got caught with tobacco, you had your nose slit. China and Russia imposed the death penalty for possession of tobacco.” ― Andrew Weil
– “Never slap a man who’s chewing tobacco.” ― Will Rogers
– “Annual drug deaths: tobacco: 395,000, alcohol: 125,000, ‘legal’ drugs: 38,000, illegal drug overdoses: 5,200, marijuana: 0. Considering government subsidies of tobacco, just what is our government protecting us from in the drug war?” — Ralph Nader
Funny Quotes on Giving up Smoking
– “Cigarette sales would drop to zero overnight if the warning said “CIGARETTES CONTAIN FAT.” — Dave Barry
– “I’ve been smoking nearly 50 years now. I just don’t feel safe breathing anything I can’t see!” —Dave Beard
– “If I had taken my doctor’s advice and quit smoking when he advised me to, I wouldn’t have lived to go to his funeral.” — George Burns
– “Giving up smoking is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done it thousands of times.” — Mark Twain
– “As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep, and never to refrain from smoking when awake.” — Mark Twain
– “If we see you smoking we will assume you are on fire and take appropriate action.” — Douglas Adams
– “There’s something luxurious about having a girl light your cigarette. In fact, I got married once on account of that.” — Harold Robbins
– “aven, I have given up smoking again!… God! I feel fit. Homicidal, but fit. A different man. Irritable, moody, depressed, rude, nervy, perhaps; but the lungs are fine.” — A. P. Herbert
– “If you resolve to give up smoking, drinking and loving, you don’t actually live longer; it just seems longer.” — Clement Freud
– “I’m eighty-three and I’ve been smoking since I was eleven. I’m suing the cigarette company because it promised to kill me and it hasn’t.” — Kurt Vonnegut
– “The only thing that bothers me is if I’m in a restaurant and I’m eating and someone says, ‘Hey, mind if I smoke?’ I always say, ‘No. Mind if I fart?” — Steve Martin