The National Bilby Day is celebrated on the second Sunday of September every year in Australia.
Why National Bilby Day is Celebrated?
National Bilby Day is celebrated to raise awareness and encourage the public to take action in Bilby conservation. Bilby is the only Australian animal whose name and official holiday is marked.
National Bilby Day: Messages
– The National Bilby Day is similar to other essential days marked in the National Calendar. It is because the day tells us about the only Australian species bilby.
– The National Bilby Day is imposed as a crown jewel day because it is based upon the crown jewel Australian species – the bilby. The bilby helps to maintain the ecological balance of the world.
– The ecological balance of nature will be distributed if the bilby goes extinct, so utter care and affection should be shown to them as they provide us with innumerable benefits.
– Bilby was getting extinct till the year 1950; then, in the year 2005, National Bilby Day was officially organized, and Bilby-saving fundraising events were also made to keep them.
– We have found that the term bilby is adopted from the Yuwaalaraay Aboriginal Language of Northern New South Wales. The term bilby has a similar meaning to its looks; bilby means a long-nosed rat.
– Bilby has several names in several corners of the world. But this makes us more strong to celebrate National Bilby Day, all together, which provides care to the species and enjoyment to us.
National Bilby Day: Greetings
– Happy National Bilby Day to all the people around us. Greetings and wishes to everyone who should be reached on this day to get a reminder to mark and celebrate the day well.
– Happy National Bilby Day to the people who are in love with the Bilby – The Australian animal. They organize several fundraising events also to show extra care for the bilby and mark the day.
– Happy National Bilby Day to the people of the world who are still unaware of this. Try to participate in the bilby lovers’ events and try to show love and care to the species.
– Happy National Bilby Day to the people who are in Bilby farms to take care of them. The day is to mark bilby care, and it is possible to adopt a bilby and save them from being extinct in nature.
– Warm wishes to ourselves first – A Very Happy Bilby Day. Next, wish others whomsoever we know to spread awareness and knowledge regarding this great day.
– A Very Happy Bilby Day to our own family members; after wishing them, sit together, get to know facts regarding this day, and plan out how to mark and organize the day.
– Warm wishes to our dear friends, mates, and their family members- Happy National Bilby Day. Create memories and share them with others so that everyone gets a reminder regarding this day.
National Bilby Day: Quotes
“If you pick up a starving bilby and make him prosperous he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a bilby and man.”
― Mark Twain
“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again, but already it was impossible to say which was which.”
― George Orwell
“If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much.”
― Mark Twain